The Top Ten Richest, Meatiest Blogs of the Year
Did anyone else notice how the phrase “Rich and Meaty” dominated popular culture this year? Everywhere I looked, it was “Rich and Meaty” this, and “Rich and Meaty” that. Now that I think about it, 2010 was in fact a very Rich and Meaty year, in more ways than one. It was a veritable cornucopia of robust accomplishments. In fact, the very Blog that you are at this moment reading was conceived, nursed to maturity in the uterus of my brain, and birthed all within a whirlwind 24 hour period back in February. Ah yes, those were the days. And since I didn’t feel like coming up with any new material for the last post of the year, I’m going to do something that I have learned from television. I really hate it when you get all settled in to watch a show, and then, in the opening moments, the characters start reminiscing about something, and then I’m like, “No! Not a clip show!” Then they proceed to show snippets of past episodes while passing it off as “new.” What a lazy way to placate the audience. Having said that, here are my Top Ten favorite moments from this Blog in 2010.
10. February 22. From the early run-and-gun days. A little essay on what the credit and check card business is doing to homeless people and panhandlers who rely on cash.
9. March 5. A Friday Fun Facts post concerning sanitary issues.
8. March 15. The first of many influential recipes that I have shared with the readers.
7. March 26. The Blog had to get serious for a moment as I delivered a eulogy for a turkey that I ran over.
6. March 29. The readership for the fledgling Blog went nationwide.
5. April 12. The first of many times that I discussed shopping at Aldi.
3. June 1. The recipe for the delectable Grilled Sandwich.
2. July 20. I analyzed the ups and downs of walking.
1. August 18. A letter that I wrote to the Sibley County District Court after I failed to pay a speeding ticket.
That’s it for me, 2010. Our paths shan’t cross again. I’m on to an even richer and meatier 2011.